ISBE Honor

Last week, the Illinois State Board of Education, Illinois Federation of Teachers, and Illinois Education Association recognized teachers that had won teaching awards from professional organizations in the past year. The new State Superintendent of Education, Dr. Tony Smith, was there and gave a nice speech about his goals for his new role, including changing the conversation about teachers to a more positive one in the state and media.

It was a nice luncheon with a chance to chat with some passionate educators!


I also had a chance to connect with some tweeps (Twitter peeps). Two math teachers that I follow and follow me were there and recognized me from Twitter... so fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day: I Heart Math

Block Schedule Planning

Why I Don't Use Keywords (or CUBES)