Year in Review: 2014


2014 was a great year. I continued my teaching journey as a math teacher to 8th graders and now 7th graders. I presented at conferences, attended conferences, and accepted an award for middle school math teaching. The biggest event of the year (and my life) was the birth of my daughter, Natalie, at the end of May. In August, I celebrated one year of marriage with my wonderful, supportive husband, Mike. I said good-bye to my cat of 14 years, Lily, and welcomed two new fur-babies, Steve and Stu, into our home. I went to California for my brother's wedding. I spent time with friends and family. Overall, 2014 was full of blessings and I am grateful.

As for my blog, I am honored that I am a featured blog on the ICTM website.  I also am an editor on the ICTM Facebook page and have enjoyed working on finding interesting and relevant content to share.


With a new year comes new year's resolutions! I don't go crazy with them, but with it also being the start of a new quarter at my school, it is a natural time to reflect and think about what ideas I want to try in the classroom.

Here are some of my teaching resolutions:

1. Continue to use interactive notebooks. Stay on top of student's organization. Be prepared myself with things for students to fill out/glue in the notebooks.  Some great ideas here.

2. Use more rich tasks as part of formative assessment-- either individually for students or in partners/groups.  Like these or these.


~Here's to another great year in 2015!~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day: I Heart Math

Block Schedule Planning

Why I Don't Use Keywords (or CUBES)