Taking Stock

I'm writing this post with one hand while I hold my baby with the other.  I needed to get back to blogging, but it's tricky to type with one hand.  So when I came across this idea, I thought it could be a perfect format for today.

Making: birth announcements for Natalie
Cooking: I made Pesto Chicken Paninis last night for dinner
Drinking: Wine! Finally, I can have a glass with dinner again :)
Reading: I want to start Emily Giffin's new book The One and Only
Wanting: To write a blog post (I will soon) about my thoughts on personalized learning in response to this by Dan Meyer
Planning: My presentation for the ICTM conference in October
Playing: Pandora on my iPhone through my new Jambox (birthday present from my husband)
Eating: Salted Caramel Ice Cream at a local ice cream place in our new town: Every Day's a Sundae 
Wishing: I had more time to blog
Enjoying: Time at home with my baby
Waiting: Until Natalie takes a nap so I can take a shower
Liking: this blog post about teaching empathy
Wondering: What it is going to be like next school year as a working mom
Loving: This article and ad about what a little girl hears when you tell her she's pretty.  Important message!
Hoping: My daughter gets the message from me that she is "pretty brilliant" (see link above)
Marveling: That Natalie turned 1 month old yesterday!

Needing: more sleep
Smelling: Newborn baby smell… love it!
Wearing: These tops from Target… I bought grey, mint green, and white!  
Following: NPR on Facebook.  I miss my NPR fix during the summer when I'm not driving to school.
Noticing: Some people seem to be blaming teachers for all the problem in education.  Makes me sad.
Knowing: That I am going to have a great team of teachers next year.  I'm excited to be a team leader!
Thinking: About next school year and what I want to do differently than last year
Pinning: Some new school ideas on Pinterest
Opening: All of my emails, but not having time to respond!
Laughing: With my husband this weekend.  It was a fun weekend as a family!
Feeling: Proud that I won a teaching award!

Comments

  1. a few things:
    1. Natalie is totes adorbs :-) Thanks for posting a pic of her!
    2. Congrats on your ICTM award!
    3. I have been noticing all the blame on teachers since I got on Twitter. Makes me sad, too, and worried for public schools!
    Hope you get a good nap in soon!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day: I Heart Math

Block Schedule Planning

Why I Don't Use Keywords (or CUBES)