Getting Students to Improve their Blog Posts

My students have been blogging for a few months now and it's going great!  I highly recommend it as a reflection tool.



I've tried to comment on each student's blog at least twice and I encourage the students to comment on each other's blogs.  When I'm looking at the blogs I do notice the difference in detail, explanations, and understanding that each student writes.  I wanted a way to showcase the students that are doing great math, writing interesting reflections, or just have something about their blog that stands out among the rest.  I decided to try a "Weekly Blog Hall of Fame" where I provide links to the posts that caught my eye so that the students can check them out.  Hopefully, by seeing these examples, it will help everyone step up their game with their own blogs.

Here are last week's picks:

Last Week's Blog Hall of Fame


These students did some great math!
Great Substitution Videos!
A Fun FFR to Read:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day: I Heart Math

Block Schedule Planning

Why I Don't Use Keywords (or CUBES)