Sorry Justin Bieber



Dear Justin,
This week, in class, a student asked if I was going to celebrate your birthday.  I made a joke that I was not because of your recent bad behavior.  I did not think about the fact that some of my students are big fans.  They took my joke personally, as if I insulted a member of their own family.  Sometimes it is easy to forget, as an adult, just how important their crushes can be.  This was a good reminder that I need to be careful with my words even if I am talking about a celebrity that has made some bad choices lately.  I need to make sure that I am always modeling respect.

Sincerely,
Mrs. Forest

P.S. If you could also work on being a good role model that would help too!  Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day: I Heart Math

Block Schedule Planning

Why I Don't Use Keywords (or CUBES)