2013 Highlights

So much happened this year... both in my "real life" and my teaching life!

1.  I became an aunt for the first time when my sister and brother-in-law had their cute baby girl, Emma.


2.  I decided to switch from teaching 6th grade (which I had done for 6 years) at Heritage Middle School, to teach 8th grade at Freedom Middle School.  I also had to say good-bye to my team, most of whom I had been teaching with for years.


3.  My new school is in the same district, but I still had to pack up 6 years worth of stuff and unpack in a new room.  Plus I had to learn a new school, new teachers, new kids.  Luckily everyone has been friendly and welcoming!


4.  I got married!  (and had to get used to being called Mrs. Forest by my students!)

5.  I convinced my grade level partner to try Standards Based Grading with me... it's been even better than I expected.

6.  My best friend, Jill, moved to Germany.  I miss her!

7.  I presented at the ICTM Conference in Peoria, Illinois.  I really love presenting to teachers and hope to do more in 2014.

8.  I started blogging!  So far, it's been fun.  Here are my two most popular posts:
1 + 1 = 3 (How to tell your students that you are pregnant)
Keep Calm and...

9.  I found out I'm pregnant with my first baby... due June 16, 2014.

2013 was a great year!  I feel so lucky to have so many blessings in my life.  I'm looking forward to what will come in 2014.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day: I Heart Math

Block Schedule Planning

Why I Don't Use Keywords (or CUBES)