So much happened this year... both in my "real life" and my teaching life!
1. I became an aunt for the first time when my sister and brother-in-law had their cute baby girl, Emma.
2. I decided to switch from teaching 6th grade (which I had done for 6 years) at Heritage Middle School, to teach 8th grade at Freedom Middle School. I also had to say good-bye to my team, most of whom I had been teaching with for years.
3. My new school is in the same district, but I still had to pack up 6 years worth of stuff and unpack in a new room. Plus I had to learn a new school, new teachers, new kids. Luckily everyone has been friendly and welcoming!
4. I got married! (and had to get used to being called Mrs. Forest by my students!)
5. I convinced my grade level partner to try Standards Based Grading with me... it's been even better than I expected.
6. My best friend, Jill, moved to Germany. I miss her!
7. I presented at the ICTM Conference in Peoria, Illinois. I really love presenting to teachers and hope to do more in 2014.
8. I started blogging! So far, it's been fun. Here are my two most popular posts:
1 + 1 = 3 (How to tell your students that you are pregnant)
Keep Calm and...
9. I found out I'm pregnant with my first baby... due June 16, 2014.
2013 was a great year! I feel so lucky to have so many blessings in my life. I'm looking forward to what will come in 2014. HAPPY NEW YEAR!