Graph of the Week



I came across a tweet from @mathsjem where she shared the link to her blog post about 5 teaching ideas. I'm super excited about one, especially, called "Graph of the Week." (<-- seriously, check out this, lots of resources!)

The idea is to pose a graph to students and have them answer questions/ reflect on the graph. It is such an important skill for life!

I'm thinking that I will talk with the Science and Social Studies teachers on my team to get the graphs or at least topics for the graphs so students can start making connections between different subjects.

In fact, besides graphs, I might also include info graphics, as that is how students are also seeing information presented to them. Looking forward to this new idea and will blog in the future to let you know how it goes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day: I Heart Math

Block Schedule Planning

Why I Don't Use Keywords (or CUBES)