Almost Time!

It's almost time to go back to school... while my brain has been engaged with teaching professional development and participating in Twitter conversations with #MTBoS tweeps all summer, there is something special about the start of the school year. 

When it's time for back to school, teachers either feel dread or excitement, or sometimes a complicated combination of both! I tend to lean more towards excitement. I love new school supplies and the chance to start fresh. I have lots of new ideas that I want to use in the classroom. Here are a few for this year:


2. I did interactive notebooks last year and would like to do them again. I found lots of great inspiration here and here. I bought some buckets at the dollar store to keep them organized on the tables this year. My system last year wasn't that great. (more on that later)

3. I really want to try choral countingThis video really illustrates it well.

4. I'm co-teaching with a special education teacher 3 periods this year. This is a change because in the past I only co-taught 1 or 2 classes. Teaching three classes together will hopefully feel more collaborative and give us a chance to really plan together.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lastly, if you aren't quite feeling excited for going back yet, here is a pep talk. I love the little guy, "Kid President." Have you seen his other videos? Here is his pep talk to teachers and students. So cute.



"What are you teaching the world?"




I

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day: I Heart Math

Block Schedule Planning

Why I Don't Use Keywords (or CUBES)