PAEMST

Have you heard of the Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching (PAEMST)? It's quite a mouthful! And it's quite an honor.

According to the website:
"The Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching (PAEMST) are the nation's highest honors for teachers of mathematics and science (including computer science). Awardees serve as models for their colleagues, inspiration to their communities, and leaders in the improvement of mathematics and science education."

I was very honored to be nominated by an awesome West Cook Math Initiative (WCMI) math coach, Sendhil Revuluri (@revuluri). It's true that it is an honor just to be nominated (but of course, really awesome if I win!) So, I'm in the process of working on my application. It's due May 1st... so what am I doing on this fine afternoon of April 18th? Writing a blog post about the application I should be working on, of course! :)

The process is: there are 5 math and 5 science teacher finalists from each state. And then from there, 1 math and 1 science teacher are selected. If you are one of the 108 awardees, you get a trip to Washington D.C.! The last group got to meet with President Obama!


Well, on that note... I should get back to my application. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day: I Heart Math

Block Schedule Planning

Why I Don't Use Keywords (or CUBES)