Classroom Management

Hi all!  So sorry I haven't been blogging lately... I'm still trying to get into my new routine of being a working mom.  It's tough getting all the things done in a school day that I'm used to getting done.  I'm trying to work more efficiently while I'm at work, but I still feel like there aren't enough hours in the day!

One other challenge I have been dealing with since being back is classroom management.  This took me a little by surprise since this is my 11th year in the classroom!  I think, in the past, I have taken this a little for granted.  Sure, I struggled a little in my first years (who didn't), but lately it was never a issue.  So when it popped up a few days in a row, with students exhibiting some less than desirable behaviors, I knew that I had to address it!



I anticipated that the transition from my maternity sub to me was going to be a little difficult, but I was not prepared for some of the behaviors that I have had to deal with.  Also, there are a few bad habits (like yelling out or getting out of seats) that I'm still working on breaking as well.  Don't get me wrong, my maternity sub did a great job... it's just that building a relationship with the kids, since I wasn't here at the beginning of the year, has proven to be a challenge!

There is a blog that I just discovered that has some GREAT classroom management ideas, so if you ever find yourself in need of a little help in that department, I suggest checking it out!  The blog is called Cult of Pedagogy and is maintained by Jennifer Gonzalez.  She has ideas, videos, and blog posts that are really inspirational.  Check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day: I Heart Math

Block Schedule Planning

Why I Don't Use Keywords (or CUBES)