Taking Stock- October



Making: Hair bows for my daughter (she has a ton of hair for a 4 month old!)

Cooking: I made tacos for when my friend, Jill, came to visit last week.  She has been in Germany for a year and missed Tex-Mex food!
Drinking: Wine at my sister-in-law's wedding last weekend
Reading: I should be reading The Husband's Secret for book club this month, but I haven't started yet… yikes!
Wanting: The plane ride to California for my brother's wedding to go smoothly with the baby! 
Planning: With my teacher friends yesterday when I went in for a meeting.
Playing: With my kiddo as much as I can while I'm still at home
Eating: Those candy corn-type pumpkins… yum!
Wishing: My parents lived closer-- they have been in town for the past week and it is so fun to have them here!
Enjoying: My last weeks at home with this girl

Waiting: For the ICTM Conference next week where I am presenting and accepting my award!

Liking: This poster that I found online.  I want to post it in my room.  "Fairness" is very important to middle schoolers and it can be hard for them to understand why something isn't equal.

Wondering: How I want to handle homework this year. (see yesterday's post)
Loving: Logging into Facebook and seeing how many new "likes" the ICTM page is getting.
Hoping: Natalie doesn't need a diaper change on the plane tomorrow… I heard there are no changing tables!
Marveling: At the awesome meetings I had yesterday at school.  Everyone was so positive and great at problem solving.
Needing: To pack for me, my husband, and Natalie for our trip!
Smelling: Coffee that I just made… decaf, but still good
Wearing: Bridesmaids dresses 2 weekends in a row!
FollowingICTM on Facebook and you should too!
Laughing: At this cartoon :)

Noticing: Leaves changing color outside
Knowing: The transition back to school will be a little tough
Thinking: About my presentation for the conference next week.  I still need to finalize it!
Pinning: Classroom design ideas… I would love to make my room look cuter this year!

Opening: A box with summer clothes packed away… I need to take some to California where the weather is much warmer than here!
Feeling: Excited to go back to school and a little sad at the same time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you want to try this type of post on your blog, here is the blank words that you can copy and paste:
Making: 
Cooking:
Drinking: 
Reading:
Wanting: 
Planning: 
Playing: 
Eating: 
Wishing: 
Enjoying: 
Waiting: 
Liking: 
Wondering: 
Loving: 
Hoping: 
Marveling: 
Needing: 
Smelling: 
Wearing: 
Following: 
Laughing: 
Noticing: 
Knowing: 
Thinking:
Pinning: 
Opening: 
Feeling: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day: I Heart Math

Block Schedule Planning

Why I Don't Use Keywords (or CUBES)