Pythagorean Theorem Webquest



There are so many good online resources for practicing using the Pythagorean Theorem.



I felt my students were ready for some practice, so I put together this webquest.  I suggest doing an introduction lesson first.  Also, I did a few simple problems as a class so everyone could see how to solve for the length of the hypotenuse and then also how to solve for the length of a leg.

Pythagorean Theorem Webquest and RaffleAfter each step, raise your hand to show Mrs. Forest that you are finished to claim your raffle ticket.
1.  Do this lesson about Pythagorean Theorem
2. Next, answer these questions.
3. Now you are ready to play a game.  Click here to play the first game. (You only have to play once)
4. Click here to play the second game. (You have to get 12 home runs to be finished)
5. Last step!  Click here to do the word problems.  (You have to get a score of at least 30 to be finished)




To spice things up a bit, I had students call me over to verify that they had completed each step.  If the had completed the step, they got a raffle ticket.  I then pulled raffle tickets for little prizes during the last few minutes of class.



Too babyish for 8th graders you might ask?  Nope!  They loved it.  In fact, their favorite prize might have been the little "weebles" that I had left over from when I taught 6th grade.  Go figure! :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day: I Heart Math

Block Schedule Planning

Why I Don't Use Keywords (or CUBES)